Tuesday 22 July 2008

An open source BI tool - Pentaho

Since I have come up with the (stupid) idea of creating the blog, let me break the ice as well.

Nowadays I am working on this web based open source BI application called Pentaho. "Working" is not the right term for describing the kind of job I am doing because its more of an R&D kind of work. Actually I need to deliver a POC to one of our clients by customizing it for their basic requirements and hence the effort.

Pentaho provides a full spectrum of open source Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities including reporting, analysis, dashboards, data mining, data integration and a BI platform. Don't be overwhelmed with all those terms as I myself don't knw about a couple of them.

You can find more information about Pentaho on their website http://pentaho.com/. In case any of you come across a sitution where you need to familiarize yourself with this product you can get in touch with me. Though I am still a novice, I might be able to give you a few leads, which could save you a little but precious time.

Cheers!

No comments:

 
Technology